Seniors’ Transportation Services
Reliable Transportation Services for Seniors is hard to find! We provide transportation to our clients who receive care.
When your loved becomes unable to drive themselves around, numerous difficulties can arise. Finding comfortable, safe, and trusted sources of transportation can be challenging whether it’s traveling to the store, a social event, or to a doctor’s appointment.
We can help ensure your loved ones don’t have to miss out on any of the activities they enjoy. We offer a safe transportation alternative to you chauffeuring them around and provide enjoyable companionship to their favourite events whether that be arts and cultural programs, social and charity functions, religious services, and more.
Our caregivers can also be responsible for transporting individuals to and from important health care activities such as the doctor’s office, the lab or imaging centre for tests, or a treatment centre. If necessary we can provide support and services while at those locations. To help everything run more smoothly, we can also help your loved one pack for visits and run errands on the way.
Driving Options and Related Costs:
To make sure that all the appropriate safeguards are in place, we offer 3 different ways of transporting support:
- Accompaniment in a taxi or other third-party transportation company.
- When our caregivers accompany a client in a taxi, the client pays the normal cost for the caregiver’s time.
- The client pays for the cost of the taxi.
- We can also make arrangements, if agreed to in advance, for our caregivers to pay for the taxi, and the cost can be added to the client’s next invoice. We do not upcharge the taxi cost when we do this.
- Driving the Client in the Caregiver’s Vehicle
- Even though many caregivers have a vehicle and a valid driver’s licence, does not mean they have the proper insurance to drive a client as a passenger.
- If a client would prefer the option of having their caregiver drive them around in the caregiver’s vehicle, we will make sure the appropriate insurance is in place before booking the shift for such an outing.
- In the circumstance where a caregiver uses their own vehicle to drive a client, the client will pay the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, as well as a modest and pre-determined mileage charge to cover gas and wear-and-tear on the vehicle.
- Retire-At-Home has a special waiver form that must be signed once in advance of taking this service.
- Driving the Client in the Client’s Vehicle
- A client may also choose to have their caregiver drive their vehicle for any outings since many seniors own their own vehicle but are no longer capable or willing to drive it themselves.
- When this option is chosen, Retire-At-Home will request a copy of the client’s vehicle insurance to confirm that it is valid and will cover additional drivers.
- Retire-At-Home will also request a copy of the caregiver’s valid drivers’ license.
- Other than the client paying the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, there are no additional charges for this service.
- For clients who prefer this option, Retire-At-Home has a special waiver form that must be signed once in advance of taking this service.
Extended travel escort and assistance can also be provided. We can help loved ones as they fly to visit family, attend family events and social functions. We can even support your loved ones move out of the area. To make sure that your loved ones arrive to their destination safely and with ease, we can also help manage the travel arrangements, assist them through security, and provide companionship throughout the journey.
Contact us today to discuss the home care needs for you or a loved one in Simcoe County, or to book a Free Home Care Assessment with our Nurse.
We proudly serve the following communities in Simcoe County:
Barrie, Midland, Innisfil, Wasaga Beach, Angus, Borden, Creemore, Duntroon, Everett, Glencairn, Glen Huron, Lisle, New Lowell, Nottawa, Stayner,Utopia, Egbert, Elmvale, Gilford, Hawestone, Hillsdale, Lefroy,Midhurst, Minesing, Orillia, Oro, Oro Station, Penetanguishene, Perkinsfield, Phelpstone, Shanty Bay, Stroud, Thornton, Tiny, Wyevale.
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Home Care Specialist!
Read Our Online Reviews!